Grand Finale Reservations
GRAND FINALE of the MARK CATESBY EXHIBITION
Wednesday, September 20 — 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Gibbes Museum of Art
135 Meeting Street Charleston, SC
An evening of cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and:
- Dr. Charles Nelson, the Trust’s Senior Research Director, will be visiting from the UK to share his recent discoveries in a talk entitled “Curious – and Curiouser.”
- Professor Patrick McMillan from Clemson University will discuss what he has learned about where Catesby traveled in South Carolina, based on knowledge of plants that Catesby sent back to England, and the specific soil types they needed in order to grow.
- David J. Elliott will explain the educational program entitled “Creating a Better Way to Learn” which is a significant collaboration of the Trust, College of Charleston, Charleston County School District, and SCETV.
- Curator Pam Wall and art writer Peter Ingle will conduct short tours of the exhibit.
- A few exciting surprises will make their appearance.
We look forward to seeing you there.